DIY Toy Idea: Cup & Ball Game
Hello my Mummelmouse fans,
Today we could do again some DIY work at home, what do you think?
Do you know the cup & ball game? I would like to have one and really want to make one myself. I hope I can do so and that I am able to catch the “ball” with my self-made cup.
All you need is:
- DIN A4 handicraft paper, coloured or white (you can also paint it individually)
- Scissors + Glue
- Yarn /String (approximately 30-40 cm)
- Wooden bead with a little hole (2 cm diameter)
- Fold the paper in the middle to get the form of a triangle and then cut off the edge.
- Place the triangle so that the tip is facing up. Then turn the lower right corner to the middle of the left side.
- Same procedure on the other side: Turn the lower left corner to the middle of the right side.
- Fold the top small triangles down on each side and stick them with the glue.
This looks almost perfect, but we still cannot play with it.
So we’ll go on!
- Make a small hole in the bottom of the cup so that you put the yarn through and tie it with two knots on the inside of the cup.
- Fasten the wooden bead on the other side of the yarn.
There you go, our cup & ball game is ready!
“Wow”, that was really easy and we’ve done it quickly. All I have to do now is catching the bead with my cup.
“That did not work!“ I might need several tries.
It is not that easy but eventually with fourth try, I finally caught the bead. 🙂
How many tries do you need?