A great Birthday Party
Hello everybody, young and old,
Are you as excited as I am? Yes, we are going to celebrate a birthday party! Why?
We’ve already known each other for one year and every month you are reading my little tips and ideas. 🙂 That is why I am so happy to celebrate a party with you today.
Of course, even today I have two ideas for you and the perfect party:
For a summer-like melon-garland, you only need:
- Paper plates
- Acrylic- or watercolours in pink, black and green
- Brush and Scissors
- Hole puncher
- Long cord
And here we go!
- For your melon, you start painting the inner part of the paper plate with the pink colour. Let it try a little and then spread black dots on the pink ground, which should represent the seeds of a watermelon. Now paint the wavy outer part of the plate in a beautiful green colour.
Doesn’t it look like a real melon?
- Now cut the plate in the middle and those two halves again in the middle. Eventually you should have 4 triangles of the same size.
- Make a little hole at the top of each triangle. The easiest way is using the hole puncher or you can also ask your parents to help you so that you don’t hurt yourself.
- Finally, you have to thread all the melon pieces on the cord and knot all together.
That’s it! Now you can hang up your self-made garland.
You can certainly also try it with other summer fruits and make a mixed garland.
I would be pleased to see your ideas, so don’t hesitate to send pictures to me.
What would a birthday party be like without any delicious drinks?
Let’s take out the smoothie maker! You know what’s best about a smoothie? You don’t need a recipe! Just take fruits and vegetables and mix them in a blender as you like.
How about a berry smoothie?
You will need the following ingredients:
- 300 g berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- 2 juicy apples
- 2 tsp goji berries
And this is what you have to do:
- First of all you have to wash everything thoroughly
- Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix it
- If you want to have your smoothie creamy, then you can add milk or yoghurt.
- If you like it to be sweet, then you can add honey or agave syrup
- Last but not least, fill your smoothie in a glass and decorate it nicely, e.g. with some extra berries – and your smoothie is ready!
By the way, you can also mix the fruits with ice cream, e.g. vanilla or some berry ice cream. Then you have a delicious ice cream shake to enjoy on warm summer days.
So, now turn the music and let’s welcome the guests.
Do you feel like you want to practice a bit using the smoothie maker? No problem, take part in the Theo Klein prize competition and win a toy WMF Smoothie Maker.
Just comment on Facebook or Instagram and let Theo Klein know what your favourite smoothie taste is.
You can read all the conditions of participation here:
I will certainly keep on sharing my ideas with you every month and I am already looking forward to our next meeting.
See you next time,