Barbecue fun for children
Hello my lovely friends,
Isn’t it a fantastic weather to be outside all day long?
Oh, what a delicious smell of sausages and grilled vegetables. 🙂 Now I am getting hungry. So, why don’t we just have a barbecue?
I also have some great recipes and ideas for a perfect barbecue with the whole family.
For this funny „monster burger“ you only need the following:
- Minced meat, vegetable patties or tofu (120-125g per patty)
- Burger buns
- Topping of your choice, e.g. lettuce, cheese, ham, mayonnaise, ketchup, tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, peas
And this is how the burger is made:
Watch out! You absolutely need your parents. However, it won’t be boring for us children, as we can help diligently and I also have some toy recommendations for you to imitate the barbecue.
- First, you wash the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber thoroughly.
Then you cut the tomatoes, cucumbers and ham into slices. From the cucumber or ham, you also cut an oval circle that will later be the tongue of your little monster.
- Season the minced meat or your tofu with salt and pepper, shape the meat into balls and press them flat.
- Put the patties on the grill and fry them for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the cheese on the patties so that it melts a little.
- Eventually put the buns on the grill to have them a little crispy.
“Mmmmhhhh” that smells so delicious. Now let’s design the monster burgers:
- Put some ketchup on the lower part of your bun.
Then you add the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber and finally the patty with the melted cheese.
- Place the ham or cucumber on the patty showing a stuck out tongue.
Moreover, place some corn on the outer circle of your patty.
- Finally, put the top of your bun on everything like a lid.
- For the monster eyes, you can take two slices of cucumber, add mayonnaise or cream cheese, and top it with e.g. two peas.
That’s it! Your monster burger is ready and pretty scary.
Please don’t forget to take a picture of your self-made burger. Why? I will let you know later 😉
So, how do you like your burger?
After having this tasty main course, you certainly still have some space for a dessert, haven’t you?
As dessert, we will make some really delicious strawberry-marshmallow skewers on the grill. The preparation is easy and you need the following:
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 2 tsp fine sugar
- 24 strawberries
- 24 large marshmallows
- 8 wooden skewers
- Barbecue tray or aluminium foil
- First you put the wooden skewers in water, so that they don’t start burning on the grill
- Chop the mint finely and mix it with the sugar
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly and remove the stalk
- Put 3 strawberries and 3 marshmallows alternately on the skewers and sprinkle them with the mint-sugar mixture
- Now place the skewers on the grill until the marshmallows are light brown (depending on your grill, you should place the skewers on a barbecue tray or aluminium foil)
Don’t forget to take a picture of your skewers and then enjoy eating.
What do you think, isn’t it delicious? Phew, but I am now really full.
Now let me tell you why I asked you to take pictures:
Send us pictures of your monster burgers and/or strawberry-marshmallow skewers as a comment on Facebook or Instagram and win a great Weber Toy Grill.
Isn’t that great?
Don’t forget – next month we have our first anniversary and we will have a big party for which you could also use the Weber Toy Grill. Unbelievable that is has already been 12 months that I am sharing my ideas with you.
By the way, you can read the full conditions of participation on the website: https://my-klein-toys.de/terms-and-conditions-online-competition/?lang=en
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.
See you soon,